Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7758
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01290559 Date posted 01/28/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you will, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world!
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join our Team? We are currently seeking Foundry Operators for 2nd shift positions to work at our headquarters in East Hartford.
You will an integral part to the continued success of Pratt & Whitney's renowned engines. In this role, you will not only help to build our components but you will be creating them!
- You will perform a variety of tasks to set up and operate wax injection equipment. Assemble wax details into clusters, and remove cast part from the mold using hand held or automated equipment. Hand finish the casting, inspect work and complete the required paperwork and computer data entries.
- Follow the direction of supervisor, work from drawings, sketches and specified procedures to operate and adjust wax injection equipment and to assemble details and clusters for ceramic shell dipping process. Assist with the casting process, including the loading and removal of castings from furnaces.
- Use established methods to set up and operate shell removal equipment, such as abradable wheels and water jet. Utilize hand tools to remove cast part from shell when automated equipment is unavailable or not suited to task.
- Remove excess stock from the casting and perform semi-finishing operations by cutting, hand grinding, sanding, polishing and nondestructive test processing.
- Work with supervision, engineers and others responsible for developing and documenting the most efficient and economical methods of producing the product. Perform routine servicing throughout the assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions (such as operator's checklist for upkeep) to assure equipment operates properly. Refer difficulties to leader or supervisor.
- You may be assigned to carry out tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individuals' skills. May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications within assigned area.
- 6+ Months work in Aerospace/Manufacturing/ Industrial environment
- High School/ GED
- 6+ Months experience working with Wax Molds
- 6+ Months experience with robotics
- 1+ Year former Foundry experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01290559
Community / Marketing Title: FOUNDRY PROCESSOR
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US