Business Analyst / Commercial Strategist PW4000 Program
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7755
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01287540 Date posted 01/28/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
You'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
The sky has no limits.
Are you willing to make a difference in your career?
Operational Commercial Engines (OCE) has a rare opportunity for you to impact the strategic direction of the PW4000 fleets through evaluating the economics and pricing of our services in the market.
Does developing strategies motivate you while working in a dynamic environment? If yes, we would love to hear from you.
The Commercial Strategist/Manager is responsible for the execution of the commercial strategy on all PW4000 and PW2000 engine models. This leadership position requires strong decision-making ability and outstanding communication and teamwork skills for interacting with all levels of management.
Commercial and Cost of Ownership responsibilities include:
- Assessing and driving the Keep the Fleet Flying strategy
- Evaluating aircraft and engine economics
- Replacement aircraft and passenger to freighter opportunities
- Assessing the retirement forecast
- Developing strategies for the customer, material sales plus serviceable and inventory strategies
- Supporting Commercial approvals and on all sales activities
- Working with the Customer Focus Team (CFT) for developing customer specific strategies that improve P&W's overall objectives and provide customer-specific programmatic guarantees
- Developing strategies to achieve targeted COO targets
- Interacting extensively with internal and external organizations including: Customer Service, Sales, Finance, Spares, Engine Center, Overhaul Centers, Global Repair Services, Airline Customers, Airbus, and Boeing
- Bachelor of Science degree and a minimum of 7 years experience OR an Advanced degree and 5 + years of experience in commercial engines or customer facing role.
- Bachelor's in Business or Engineering
- Engine Services experience
- Experienced writing business cases
- Understanding of EAC
- Validated leadership competencies should include: Strategic leadership; Focus on Results; Teamwork; Communication and Excellent Listening skills
- Prior experience working with airlines
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01287540
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst / Commercial Strategist PW4000 Program
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US