Supervisor, Facilities & Services
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7743
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01289814 Date posted 01/25/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress.
It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
This is a really exciting time at P&W! As we continue to grow, there is a deep focus on our culture and a dedication to being a company that is transparent and mindful. We've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
A rare opportunity exists to join us in the role of Supervisor, Facilities & Services, at our East Hartford, CT campus.
- You will supervise skilled trades' personnel for maintenance of building utilities and infrastructure. Guide and work with team to assure that plant reliability, customer requirements, safety and environmental requirements are met.
- Focus on electrical systems and power distribution maintenance and reliability.
- You will have knowledge of operations and maintenance tasks for carpentry, vehicle maintenance, steam distribution, pipefitting, sheet metal, HVAC, waste treatment and factory rearrangements.
- You are open to occasionally work extended hours, varied shifts and respond to off shift telephone inquiries as required by workload, plant conditions, or emergencies.
- Provide direct supervision and scheduling of building maintenance staff including daily and weekly work order assignments, follow up, and performance evaluation.
- Encourage safe work practice and coordinate necessary formal and on-the-job training sessions and learning opportunities.
- You will participate in development and implementation of shop-specific safety training programs, and ensures workforce compliance with OSHA job safety requirement.
- You have a basic knowledge of OSHA regulations, building codes and environmental requirements.
- You will own the can-do initiative that all incidents are preventable.
- Investigating operating incidents and system operating abnormalities utilizing the Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) as our fundamental operating philosophy.
- Schedule and complete equipment maintenance work requests.
- Develop and/or assist in developing standard operating procedures and ensure these procedures are implemented and followed across all shifts.
- Assist in reviewing operational trend data daily, predictive maintenance analysis and other pertinent plant data to improve maintenance and planned maintenance activities.
- Coordinate required state, local, and company inspections, testing, and reporting of various building system components such as plumbing backflow preventers, elevators, building and fire alarm systems, etc. as required.
- Monitor service contracts for quality compliance and cost.
- Acts as liaison to public utility, environmental and energy agencies.
- You are a US Citizen - due to Government Contracts.
Do you have what it takes to join our team?
- BS Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil) or Facilities/Construction Management preferred -BS Degree or Associates plus 10 years of electrical, construction/ facilities management experience will be considered.
- Minimum 6 years of Facilities and Services experience with 3 years of direct Supervisory experience
- 10 years of solid experience in electrical distribution systems including substations and switchgear.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical problems in a manufacturing environment
- Facility management experience and a strong knowledge of various mechanical and electrical building systems.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards as they pertain to manufacturing, distribution facilities maintenance, and construction, including Lock-out/Tag-out and confined spaces.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Exposure to SAP, maintenance management software or project management software is preferred.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01289814
Community / Marketing Title: Supervisor, Facilities & Services
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US