Casting Lab Product Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7737
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01289102 Date posted 01/25/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Casting Lab Lead Technician to be based in East Hartford, CT.
You will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to contribute to a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
We are seeking an investment casting product engineer for our Materials & Processes Engineering organization to develop advanced tooling and casting mold designs for the production of advanced commercial and military turbine engine components. You will also partner with the appropriate quality lead to ensure dimensional conformance of cast products and you will serve as the technical interface with internal and external customers and suppliers to effectively support the Materials & Processes Engineering casting facility (Rapid Prototype Casting Laboratory (RPCL)). Duties include:
- Collaborating with various design groups to add foundry specific features to the CAD design for tooling release.
- Advancing the state of technologies for tooling and laboratory support fixtures in support of manufacturing processes.
- Evaluate and develop new tooling resources and technology.
- Working with Process Modeling personnel to simulate and optimize processes.
- Ensuring the uniformity and efficiency of mold designs to optimize process efficiency.
- Ensuring dimensional conformance of final product to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Assisting efforts to enhance the quality of cast components produced in the RPCL.
- You will also assist our team in analyzing and enhancing production processes to minimize non-conformances by implementing specific corrective actions where necessary to improve efficiency and overall part quality.
- You will utilize statistical process control and Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) tools to maximize and optimize RPCL throughput. Coordinating cell activities with the foundry shop supervisor, RPCL manager and peer engineers.
- 10% travel
- B.S. degree in Engineering with 2+ years of Product Engineering experience OR
- M.S. degree in Engineering with 0+ years of Product Engineering experience
- US Citizen due to program requirements
- B.S. or MS in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Materials Science
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- The ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communication
- Practical knowledge and work experience relative to the manufacture of investment casting components/products.
- Fluency in product and tooling electronic definition interpretation.
- A demonstrated history of implementing, maintaining and monitoring tooling for cast/core products and designing/monitoring associated quality assurance/control measures
- Confirmed hands-on developmental and manufacturing experience with investment casting injection molding and wax assembly machinery and processes.
- Full proficiency in Computer-aided Design (CAD) systems such as Unigraphics.
- Ability to effectively work in a laboratory environment with a diverse group of skilled operator (hourly) and professional (engineering) staff.
Our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01289102
Community / Marketing Title: Casting Lab Product Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US