Specialist, Quality Compliance
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7731
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01287005 Date posted 01/24/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. You'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have a rare opportunity for a talented Specialist, Quality Compliance.
- Work with Module / Producer Centers to resolve inspection challenges.
- Benchmark, develop and deploy advanced inspection technologies to improve quality signature.
- Qualify new suppliers for production inspection using structured light methods.
- Maintain audit schedule of qualified structured light sources and participate in Nadcap meetings.
- Advance inspection readiness levels of inspection technologies for deployment into production environment.
- Create standard work for technology deployment and provide training to customers.
- Investigate advanced metrology methods, including multi-sensor CMMs, non-contact inspection systems, advanced sensors and gaging methods
- Define the baseline of inspection technology development projects.|
- Travel may be up to 25%
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering.
- 5 years of manufacturing, engineering or quality experience
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Ability to interpret blue prints.
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- 5 years of experience in the aerospace industry.
- Master's degree a plus
- Strong statistical and analytical skills. Understand Design of Experiments, Statistical Process Control, and Gage R and R.
- Familiar with CMM programming and structured light inspection.
- Knowledge of aerospace industry quality standards and procedures.
- Be able to effectively communicate with customers. Focus on results and customer happiness.
- Ambitious and have the ability to work independently.
- Programming in Python, Visual Basic, or Java preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01287005
Community / Marketing Title: Specialist, Quality Compliance
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US