Spare Parts Program Manager V2500 Pratt & Whitney
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7706
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01287544 Date posted 01/23/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
You'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
The sky has no limits.
Are you passionate about advancing in your career?
This is an exciting time to join us! We continue growing and there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to being a company that is open and mindful and we've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
You'll join the TEAM in a rare career opportunity to own the health of the worldwide spare parts. You'll assist the V2500 management team in developing the overall strategy of spare parts.
Driving the execution including production planning / ramp-down, support of key technical fleet management plans / service bulletin incorporations, and flow-down of requirements to all International Aero Engines (IAE) Party Companies.
Your Key responsibilities include:
- Co-leading V2500 Aftermarket IPT with Aftermarket Programs by seeing opportunities to improve spare parts delivery performance including fill rate, work stop reduction, spare part availability, safety- stock adequacy, etc.
- Ensuring timely reporting and internal / external communication of active spare part shortages and recovery plans; and dedicatedly identify and report future spare part shortage risks as well as develop and execute mitigating actions.
- Acting as the main point of contact for all V2500 spare parts issues helping the team drive IPMT alignment and decision-making by working closely and coordinating when necessary with the internal IAE organizations
- Managing spare parts forecasting / planning, production / manufacturing, supply chain / procurement, and delivery and external suppliers and IAE Party Companies
- Working closely with industrial / operations management in developing and executing production ramp-down strategy for spare parts
- Supporting V2500-E5 aftermarket logistics planning and implementation for customer entry into service and in service operators
- Working with the V2500-E5 cross functional team, assisting in formulating V2500-E5 aftermarket strategies and generation of Sales Campaign aftermarket proposals
- Representing the program at SI&OP (integrated operational planning) meetings to ensure P&W / PWAEI spares MRP (plan) alignment; and
- Representing the V2500 Program Office priorities in allocation decisions of critical spare parts to engines at overhaul
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years' work experience that includes experience in materials management, product operations, service/spare parts management and/or supply chain
- Related work experience in commercial OEM or MRO, programs / product, operations or customer management
- Aerospace industry experience
- Business Management skills and strong commercial acumen
- Ability to effectively team across organizations to accomplish goals
- Strong social and interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships
- Understanding of the single-aisle commercial aircraft market, especially MRO, is desired
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01287544
Community / Marketing Title: Spare Parts Program Manager V2500 Pratt & Whitney
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US