Software Development Architect
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7695
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01289109 Date posted 01/22/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
This is a really exciting time at P&W! As we continue to grow, there is a deep focus on our culture. We are committed to being a company that is transparent and mindful. We've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
A rare opportunity exists to join us in the role of Software Development Architect at our East Hartford, CT campus.
In this role, you will handle the creation and management of analytics applications and predictive models that are used to effectively manage multi-billion dollar sales and long-term maintenance contracts for Pratt & Whitney's commercial gas turbine engine customers across the globe.
You will also collaborate with cross-functional teams that include creative professional with impressive careers: engineers, developers, statisticians, business system architects and user experience experts.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Document business and functional requirements, solutioning, developing (as the project demands) an adhering to the project management processes.
Work with executive leadership to ensure that the architectural solution and the standards align with the organization's standards and guidelines.
You will be responsible for preparing the role specific artifacts as defined in the project management life cycle.
You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, physics, math, statistics, computer science or related field of study
- Minimum 7 years of Java based and VBA based applications development work experience required.
- Minimum 4 years of business and functional requirements documentation work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of application architect work experience.
- Master's or other advanced degree in an engineering, physics, math, statistics, computer science or related field of study with 5 years of software development work experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A deep understanding of the SDLC processes and methodologies (Agile and Waterfall)
- A proven history of driving alignment among multi-functional teams including influencing business leadership decision-making
- You can achieve results within a matrixed organizational structure
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01289109
Community / Marketing Title: Software Development Architect
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US