Data Engineer/Analyst (P3)
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7691
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01287258 Date posted 01/22/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
This is a really exciting time at P&W! As we continue to grow, there is a deep focus on our culture and a dedication to being a company that is transparent and mindful. We've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
A rare opportunity exists to join us in the role of a Data Engineer/Analyst at our facility in East Hartford, CT.
The portfolio includes contracts for P&W and IAE commercial engine models and covers services including: engine overhaul and repair, on-wing and off-wing maintenance planning, coordination of maintenance services, engine health monitoring, and logistical support.
In this role, you will work with relational and non-relational database structures, analyze and deploy data within transactional and analytical (data warehouse) data architectures, perform data analysis tasks, and develop queries and data processes that deliver value to business owners.
You will work with business process owners and third party vendors to provide complete, accurate and timely data sets and reports to support business requirements.
You will also work with the data quality and governance analysts to ensure that the data being delivered meets end use expectations.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Identify and document business process owner data requirements.
- Assess data sources, data availability and quality to support business process needs.
- Build and document efficient methods to query, extract, cleanse, transform/synthesize, summarize and present data in various formats.
- Maintain data management standards, guidelines and practices.
- Communicate results and meaning to business process owner and data consumers.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
A Bachelors or Associateâ€s degree in information systems, computer science, mathematics, or statistics is required.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in data analysis, data acquisition and/or data reporting roles is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with RDBMS platforms (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.).
- 2 years of experience working with Teradata database platform (v15).
- 1 year of experience with Hortonworks Hadoop (including Hive, Pig, YARN, Oozie).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience using SQL to craft queries that produce data sets.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with general program development methodologies and System Development Life Cycle practices.
- Proven presentation skills, written and verbal communications skills. Strong computer skills, including MS Office suite.
- Ability to work across organizations and with internal customers with diverse backgrounds.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01287258
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer/Analyst (P3)
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US