Security Specialist (2nd shift) - PM/83
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 7675
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01289100 Date posted 01/21/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorer's heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Doyouhavetheexperiencetojoinour North Berwick, ME Team?
Security Specialist at all facilities may be expected to perform the following duties:
- Perform a variety of duties to enforce Company security regulations by checking badges, admitting employees, visitors, delivery personnel and refusing entrance to unauthorized persons.
- Receive, direct and schedule employees, applicants and other visitors to various office locations for interview or other authorized meetings.
- Question visitors and employees tactfully to determine reason for visit or service desired. When visitors request to see a staff member who is not available, make arrangements with other personnel who can handle the situation or schedule them to return at another time.
- Answer personal inquiries about a wide variety of services.
- Issue authorized badge for admittance to the plant.
- Maintain record of one day and visitor badges issues, ensuring an authorization accompanies each badge.
- Sign in delivery personnel adhering to International Trade Compliance policies and procedures.
- Physically inspect delivery vehicles, ensuring the protection of the facility and its employees.
- In the case of applicants, refer to schedule for later interview according to availability of interviewing personnel.
- Examine items such as briefcases and packages to prevent the unauthorized bringing in or taking out of articles.
- Ensure all material being removed from the facility is accompanied by the proper authorization.
- Write reports describing all violations, irregularities or complaints noted.
- Acquire and maintain internal Powered Industrial Vehicle (PIV) licensure.
- May have the opportunity to train for, obtain and maintain certifications to enhance individual skills and broaden the department's service to its customers.
- May perform a variety of other protective services-related duties, as assigned.
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- 1-2+ years Communications/Dispatch Experience
- 1-2+ years of security related experience
- Maine Criminal Justice Full Time Police Academy, Reserve Academy, or Basic Corrections Academy
- Proficient in regulations of the National Industrial Security Program Manual and Export Control
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Access, Excel, Power Point and Word
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01289100
Community / Marketing Title: Security Specialist (2nd shift) - PM/83
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US