Manager, Aftermarket Services
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7668
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01287687 Date posted 01/21/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
This is a really exciting time at P&W! As we continue to grow, there is a deep focus on our culture and a dedication to being a company that is transparent and mindful. We've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
A rare opportunity exists to join us in the role of a Service Manager at our facility in East Hartford, CT.
The P&W Commercial Engines and Aftermarket Services organization is seeking a Service Manager responsible for providing day-to-day customer and operational support of P&W's EHM Service business, and P&W's web-based ADEMTM (Advanced Diagnostics and Engine Management) system. ADEMTM is a business critical web-based suite of software tools that supports P&W Fleet Management Program, Fleet Hour Agreement, and Engine Management Program services for all large commercial engine models, including Pratt & Whitney's Geared Turbo-fan. It is used by customers and P&W personnel in every region of the world to monitor on-wing engine performance and support maintenance planning.
In this role you'll be exposed to all P&W large commercial engine programs, both legacy and new, as well as domestic and international customers.
You will supervise a team responsible for supporting customers and managing the internal operations working cross functionally with Digital Technology, Customer Service, Engineering, and Program teams, among others, to deliver services that meet or exceed our customer expectations and performance metrics (e.g. uptime, throughput, etc.).
You're an individual that embraces a challenge, is able to work in a changing environment, takes initiative and has a proven, consistent track record of delivering results.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- You will lead efforts to ensure reliable, quality, delivery of EHM services for current and new customers
- Manage the day-to-day operation addressing customer issues and coordinating support needs related to the ADEM system or other issues
- Supervise a team of direct reports and provide day-to-day oversight and direction for cross functional support teams
- You will Utilize internal tools, processes and support key infrastructure to ensure customer data availability, accuracy, and timeliness
- Support new customer set-ups, GTF entry-into-service, and ongoing support including potential on-site customer visits
- Support new EHM development initiatives aligned with customer and P&W Program requirements
- Coordinate efforts with Customers, Customer Support, Engineering, Airframe OEMs, and others to mature processes, flight data reports, and customer data delivery
- Identify and directly drive service improvement opportunities utilizing ACE tools
- Find opportunities to further use outsource resources for long term support and anticipated growth of the services.
- Must be a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- A Bachelor's degree required technical or business majors preferred.
- You have a minimum of 7 years of professional work experience.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of Service Support or 5 years of direct customer-facing work experience in a technical or business role.
- 7 years of fundamental understanding of aerospace, gas turbine engine performance, and/or onboard avionics systems.
- Strong communication, business discernment; critical thinking; teaming and influence skills.
- You are comfortable with software tools, IT infrastructure and application support (If not, then you possess the technical aptitude and desire to learn this qualification)
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a confirmed ability to effectively collaborate across teams to accomplish goals.
- Aftermarket or Program Management experience preferred
- Advanced business degree would be a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01287687
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Aftermarket Services
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US