Project Manager - Engine Overhaul Induction Planning
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7650
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01287279 Date posted 01/18/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
You'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
The sky has no limits.
Are you passionate about advancing in your career?
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
This is an exciting time to join us! We continue growing and there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to being a company that is open and mindful and we've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
This rare career opportunity is based in East Hartford, Connecticut focusing on the V2500, PW4000, and PW1000G networks.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Managing induction planning for engine overhauls, considering shop scheduling, operator mix, capacity and throughput optimization, and Operator Aircraft on Ground (AOG) risk and priority to the P&W business
- Contract management - understanding contract language and execution with Maintenance Centers and tie-in to Operators (Airlines)
- Hosting daily induction meetings on the various engine programs overseeing information flow across functional groups and ensuring readiness for induction at the Maintenance Centers
- Preparing new Maintenance Centers for entry into the network and ensuring they are prepared for Planning and Logistics scheduling, workscoping, progress communications, and having the necessary access to our IT systems
- Understanding and executing capacity planning for overhaul shops, using forecasts from other groups to resolve demand and coupling that with the shops' capacity across the major programs
- Understanding how other programs influence a given shop's capacity
- Coordination and Communication - skilled in giving a clear message, including technical topics, and bringing far-off groups together
- Arranging Business Review Meetings (BRM's) with the Maintenance Centers both on-site at their facilities as well as in East Hartford
- Executing and understanding all major shop metrics and working with shops and the P&W team to drive continuous improvement
- Bachelor of Science or Business degree
- 5+ years of technical experience
- Project management experience in a technical business or operations environment
- Experience teaming with other groups and organizations
- Savviness understanding data - metrics, shop activity, manipulating and synthesizing data, using Excel, Access, open-source software, web portals of information
- Understanding of the business processes involved in turbine engine overhaul or similar and turbine engine operation and how it relates to technical issues and overhaul actions
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01287279
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager - Engine Overhaul Induction Planning
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US