Hot Section Durability Chief
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7613
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01285385 Date posted 01/16/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA Job Description
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for a dedicated individual to take on a leadership role in our Hot Section Engineering (HSE) organization. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to pioneer the future of aviation. It is an exciting time to join us in this rare opportunity to develop cutting-edge technologies on the best engines in the world. As part of the HSE team you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while creating and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion to effectively drive innovation. The goals of our diversity strategy is to 1) craft a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive, 2) ensure that all employees are engaged, and 3) ensure all employees are empowered perform at their highest potential.
As the Hot Section Durability Chief, you will lead the execution of designs, thermal analyses, and lifing of cooled turbine airfoils, BOAS, and other hot section components. You will figure out design/analysis criteria and processes for specific hot section components and set the standard for technical rigor within our organization. In addition, Durability Chiefs are key leaders in the development of individuals in the discipline and driving overall proficiency progression across the discipline. You will also lead and guide work being done on emerging critical tasks that require our best and most experienced leaders to help identify root causes, define risks, define closure plans, and drive technical execution to satisfy our customers and meet our business needs. As the chief, you will also contribute to the HSE Durability leadership team that is responsible for driving the overall development of the discipline.
- Bachelors degree required; a BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering preferred
- Bachelors degree
- 15+ years of experience related to fluids and/or heat transfer analyses or equivalent
- Experience in Heat Transfer, Fluid Dynamics, Material Science, Statistics, Lifing and Weibull Analysis.
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, such as, investment casting, laser and EDM hole drilling, airflow, and metallic and ceramic coating processes
- Knowledge of hot section failure modes and mission life modeling for typical limiting modes such as oxidation, creep, corrosion, and TMF
- Experience in supervising teams solving technical problems related to design, analysis, and field support.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in cross-disciplinary teams
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01285385
Community / Marketing Title: Hot Section Durability Chief
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US