Structures Engineer NGPF 24K HPC
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7585
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01286201 Date posted 01/15/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney's Compression Systems Engineering (CSE), Middletown, CT facility is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Structures Engineer for NGPF 24K HPC Structures organization. You will work with the Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT), partners, mating modules and system design disciplines in execution of structures tasks supporting the durability and structural integrity of gas-turbine compression systems components. This includes compressor airfoils, rotors & shafts, cases, and actuation linkage systems.
As a Structures Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate as part of an Integrated Product Team
- Provide analytical support for preliminary & detailed design, through development, validation, certification, manufacturing, and operational service.
- Apply state-of-the-art finite element based methods to the analysis and design of engine components and assemblies for rotating and stationary structures.
- Provide technical direction based on structural evaluations that may involve consideration of strength, buckling, deflections, vibrations, fatigue life, damage tolerance and/or any other appropriate criteria.
- Prescribe instrumentation requirements for structural and engine tests.
- Monitor and troubleshoot test execution.
- Prepare assessments of results including correlation to analytical and/or numerical calculations.
- Provide production or field problems support and recommend solutions.
- Prepare and deliver presentation materials to management and external customers in formal design reviews and other settings.
- Work with outsourcing vendors to ensure work is completed, reviewed and approved by structures associates with appropriate proficiency level.
- Coordinate with others to advance technology and improve engineering processes and methods.
10 % travel is anticipated
- BS in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in structures analysis methods
- Engineering degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Rotating or static engine structures experience
- Analytical Skills
- The ability to craft clear communication and build meaningful relationships
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01286201
Community / Marketing Title: Structures Engineer NGPF 24K HPC
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US