Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7582
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01265681 Date posted 01/15/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
We have a great opportunity for a talented Manufacturing Engineer to be based in East Hartford, CT. Job Description: The Pratt & Whitney Hot Section Module Center Manufacturing Engineering Organization is seeking a highly motivated individual to support the production of turbine airfoils in our Advanced Coatings Unit. The Manufacturing Engineer's responsibilities include:
- Implementation of new capital equipment from specification and ordering through delivery, installation and release to production.
- Help build and maintain shop floor work instructions (including specifications, engineering changes, QAD/process control, and tooling definition/requirements.)
- Identify & implement shop floor process optimization & control methods to eliminate/prevent quality turn backs /escapes and reduce overall product costs.
- Participate in Achievable Competitive Excellence (ACE) initiatives supporting the achievement of meeting the ACE 12.2 criteria. A working-knowledge of the ACE Tools is desired including Process Certification & Management, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, QCPC/Root-Cause Analysis and Set-Up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing
- Significant interaction with the hourly work force, tool designers, quality assurance, Integrated Product Teams, systems designers, Information Systems, and program assembly partners are typical of the position.
- Provide focused & effective leadership in eliminating EH&S/Ergonomics/Human Factor risks and addressing quality issues.
- Experience in the following types of coatings would be of great benefit, but not required: Low pressure plasma spray, air plasma spray, thermal barrier coatings, EBPVD coatings and Vapor diffusion coatings.
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering required
- Due to government contract U.S. Citizenship is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of manufacturing engineering experience is required.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in manufacturing, materials or chemical engineering preferred.
- Aerospace Industry
- Can craft clear communication and build positive relationships
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01265681
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US