Principal Engineer, Systems Engineering
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7575
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01276447 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have a rare opportunity for a talented Principal Engineer, Systems Engineering in our East Hartford, CT location.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. You will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to craft a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Systems Engineering Validation (SEV) Management is looking for a Deputy Validation Manager to support Pratt & Whitney commercial NGPF validation efforts supporting the 17K & 24K Thrust Class engine family for development engine initiatives. Position supports the Validation Manager in the execution of all development and certification tasks including scheduling and cost performance. This position is an integral member of the SIPT and is a technical contributor to the appropriateness of engine testing and then to ensure a robust plan is established and executed within the guidelines defined. This position has a high level of interaction with the CIPT's and all SE-V cells to ensure success. Interaction with senior management for status and issue identification/resolution should be anticipated. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Work with CIPT's, SIPT, SE-V cells, SVL's, AE's and TE's and other validation customers.
- Provide management mentorship to SE-V cells to ensure compliance to task objectives and schedule.
- Provide technical feedback to support various SIPT agendas.
- Identify improvements to Engineering Standard Work (ESW) during execution of assigned tasks.
- Use of ACE to find opportunities to improve tools, methods and processes used by all Instrumentation Cell Sensor Engineers.
- BS degree in Engineering
- 2+ years knowledge of gas turbine engine operation and understanding of performance and operability.
- US Citizen, due to Government contracts
- Ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
- Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace preferred
- Experience in development of gas turbine engines, assembly and test is helpful.
- Excellent organization, communication and project management skills.
- Good social skills and be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01276447
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Engineer, Systems Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US