Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7549
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01276974 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
The Quality Assurance organization has an opportunity for a Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) Quality Lead (QL) within the Program Quality management team. In this role, you will lead and support activities to drive the quality performance of the new Geared Turbo Fan programs during the development, certification, and production engine cycles. You will also engage with our engineering and quality teams to find opportunities and drive improvements within the manufacturing base (internal and external to P&W).
- Trend analysis and data driven issue identification
- Process mapping, PFMEAs, MSA, Control Plans
- Risk mitigation plans for design and process failure modes
- Application of APQP within the supply chain
- Support the CIPT in attaining product safety, performance, quality, reliability and service life targets
- Ensure supplier compliance with requirements flowdown (PO and Drawing) and Process Certification / UPPAP
- Drive manufacturer action plans to ensure program meets Entry into Service deadlines
- Travel may be up to 20%
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of quality assurance, manufacturing operations, or engineering experience required
- US Citizen is required due to government contracts
- Sound business judgment, strong organization, leadership, team building, communications, writing and presentation proficiency
- Proven performance of past productivity and a high degree of computer literacy
- Broad knowledge of quality, engineering, procurement and manufacturing disciplines; specific knowledge of quality system requirements including AS9100 and continuous improvement methodologies
- Knowledge of the PW Quality Management System and supplier quality management are preferred
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of management and external customers
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01276974
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Lead
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US