Technical Lead, Quality Production Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7547
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01269032 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the team as a Technical Lead, Quality Production Manager in East Hartford, CT. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and execution of tools, classes and systems related to the discipline health of quality production associates. This includes creating and maintaining standard work and improving the technical proficiency of its practitioners. This position draws on the Quality Engineering body of knowledge as the basis for proficiency and applies it to inspection functions.
- Facilitates the creation of a discipline health process for quality production associates
- Conducts training council meetings and partners with local Module Center Quality management and training coordinators to identify proficiency gaps and implement solutions to close gaps
- Identifies and communicates gaps between quality production associates proficiency offerings and emerging needs of the business
- Works to standardize quality production associate training process across Mod Centers
- Works with Quality Dean to identify existing and new Quality College offerings for production associates
- Works closely with Mod Center Quality Leadership team to meet short term customer requirements while implementing business strategies in support of long term demands
- Travel may be up to 20%
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment with 3+ years of experience in the Quality area
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Experience with creating standard work and training materials
- Experience working with quality production associates
- Coaching, training or mentoring experience strongly preferred
- Familiar with Aerospace Quality Standards
- Understanding of IPD process and quality touchpoints
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Fully versed in engineering drawing interpretation and GD&T
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communications
- Computer skills- Proficient in Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, Project
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01269032
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Lead, Quality Production Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US