Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7525
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01274765 Date posted 01/02/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. The Compression Supplier Quality team has an opportunity for a New Product Integration (NPI) Supplier Quality Engineer. In this role, you will provide support to the CS Mod Center and Global Supply Chain organization relative to improvement of suppliers' Quality, as well as providing Quality interface, expertise and support to Suppliers.
- Understand key aspects of managing and assuring supplier Quality to support and achieve best-in-class supplier quality, delivery and service while act as primary Quality Engineer on a limited number of suppliers
- Coordinate and approve UPPAP packages with Suppliers
- Execute Process Capability Reviews/PFMEA Reviews
- Team with Engineering and Procurement to execute the supply base improvement plans to improve quality signature and ensure customer confidence
- Maintain key relationships with suppliers' Quality and Operations Management teams, as well as PW Engineering and Procurement teams
- Collect/Compile data and drive Continuous improvement initiatives at the supplier in reaction to escapes, and in support of reduced cost and lead-time
- Require suppliers to find root cause and implement corrective / preventive action on all escapes and high pain recurring quality issues
- Coordinate quality issues with PW Engineering and Supplier Engineering on supplier-designed components
- Support Vendor Corrective Action Board (VCAB) reviews and CSMC Quality Metrics
- Travel may be up to 20%
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing, aerospace and/or quality area
- Able to demonstrate ability and willingness to own quality performance metrics and drive the world class quality culture
- Able to request data from part prints/specifications, and then process that data into meaningful information on process capability
- Excellent organizational Skills and the ability to work independently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of ASQR-01 / AS910
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Computer skills- Proficient in Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, Project, SAP
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of management and external customers
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01274765
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US