Staff Design Engineer - Compression Systems Engineering
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7505
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01265151 Date posted 01/02/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be an opportunity you have been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work for Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Staff Engineer, Mechanical Design to support the development of our world-class compression systems located in East Hartford and/or Middletown, CT.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you design compression system hardware that meets or exceeds part and system requirements. You will work collaboratively to tackle problems with integrated product teams and system design teams, and are responsible for all aspects of the design and executing to standard procedures. To ensure design robustness you should be savvy in design for variability and automated design optimization methods.
As a Staff Engineer, you will:
- Craft new part designs
- Execute major and minor Engineering Changes (EC's)
- Support hardware and engine deliveries as well as shop, vendor, assembly and test support.
- Perform tolerance stacks, failure mode and effects analysis, preliminary structural analyses and 3D modeling
- Collaborate with all supporting disciplines including Aerodynamics, Heat Transfer & Secondary Flow, Structures, Engineering Dynamics & Loads, and Manufacturing.
- Assist in leading the team through product design and manufacture phase.
- Drive the concurrent design of multiple components, interpreting analysis results for accuracy and proposing alternate solutions
10% travel is required
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 7+ years of Design engineering experience
- U.S. Citizenship required due to program requirements, with the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Proficiency in Teamcenter, Unigraphics (UG), UG Motion, Ansys, and classical methods of analysis.
- Compression Systems Design experience
- Automated design optimization skills
- Analytical Skills
- Broad understanding of hardware, blueprints and manufacturing methods
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- Ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communication
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01265151
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Design Engineer - Compression Systems Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US