Manufacturig Engineer, Machining
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 7501
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01268619 Date posted 01/02/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Forge and Heat Treatment Engineering Supervisor to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
This position manages a team of intermediate or experienced professionals in Manufacturing Engineering, forge and heat treat section. Guides engineering regarding design concepts, and implements changes to improve processes and products.
- Instructs, directs and checks, under moderate guidance, the work of other manufacturing engineers to ensure that quality and manufacturing standards are met
- Monitors operating budgets in order to maximize cost effectiveness and ensure standards are met
- Identifies opportunities or supervises the implementation of changes to improve products or reduce costs
- Optimizes productivity and ensure optimal use of resources with a firm understanding of relevant manufacturing processes, tooling, production equipment, quality control standards, product design, and materials
- Guides engineering through Gated Design process to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques to ensure robust, optimized designs are generated and maintained throughout product life cycle
- Manages a team of primarily intermediate or experienced professionals, with freedom to determine how assignments are completed (e.g., objectives and approaches to completing work) to set timelines to support business and customer needs
- Sets objectives and guides others on execution/approach for achievement of operational results on time and on budget
- Problems faced are difficult and involve consideration of multiple variables
- Explains policies, practices, and procedures and may influence others
- Works to set development path for direct reports
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- 2+ years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- US Citizen due to working with government contracts
- Strong communication and project leadership skills
- Manufacturing Engineering experience with strong operational partnership
- Experience in aerospace engineering
- Creative thinking: can translate business problems to solutions
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01268619
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturig Engineer, Machining
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US