F135 Industrial Participation Specialist
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7472
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01285280 Date posted 01/10/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Have you considered what it may be like to work with Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have an opportunity for an Industrial Participation Specialist to join our team.
Do you have the experience to join our team? Job Description
We at the Pratt & Whitney Military Engines F135 International Business Development organization seeks a results oriented teammate to contribute to the efforts of F135 Industrial Participation (IP) group.
Primary job responsibilities include
- Identifying IP opportunities for F135 International Partner country suppliers to compete for, managing introduction of competitive suppliers into P&W F135 supply chain, and continuous growth of F135 IP portfolio
- Communicating progress and securing IP credit from F135 Partner Governments
- Collaborate with P&W Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, F135 Program Office, Engineering and Quality functions to plan and execute international IP activities in support of the F135 Program goals.
- Be a part of the F135 IP team, working closely with P&W Military Engines Country Managers and the customer.
- Develop and maintain effective professional relationships with international suppliers and military customers, Lockheed Martin, and F-35 Joint Program Office.
- Prepare a summary F135 International IP report by Partner Country twice a year.
- Keep compliance with the ITAR and provisions of Export licenses is an important element of day to day interaction with international suppliers.
- Some international travel is required.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in business or a technical field.
- 7+ years of combined business, engineering, manufacturing, sourcing, or analytics
- Exposure and baseline knowledge of SAP
- U.S. Citizen due to government contracts
- 3+ years' experience in roles related to sourcing and supplier development.
- Ability to understand P&W sourcing needs via use of SAP and effective networking with P&W Sourcing and Purchasing functions.
- Strong technical background and understanding of part manufacturing processes
- Ability to absorb multitude of inputs on P&W requirements and Supplier capabilities, and make matches resulting in IP opportunities.
- Able to work well in team environment
- Self starter with validated results
- Navigate in a complex matrix organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Handle multiple industrial projects concurrently
- Excellent skills in Excel (modeling, high volume data management), PowerPoint (succinct effective presentations) and Word
- International business experience is beneficial. In addition, You should also have Export experience and be familiar with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) when supporting Military Engines.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01285280
Community / Marketing Title: F135 Industrial Participation Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US