Casting Lab Lead Tooling Technician
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7443
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01261388 Date posted 01/10/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Casting Lab Lead Technician to be based in East Hartford, CT.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
- Responsible for the design and manufacture of casting tooling to support casting activities. Tooling includes wax and core injection molding tooling and shop support fixtures for aerospace components.
- Coordination and maintenance of Casting Lab Toolroom and equipment.
- Evaluate new methods to reduce the lead-time and cost of tooling manufacture including the use of additive manufacturing methods.
- Use of ACE and Lean Manufacturing methods to optimize tooling processes.
- Reverse casting designs into tooling designs.
- Program and operate machines to manufacture tools from tooling design.
- Technical collaborating with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Work with engineering to improve the quality of cast product.
- Identify lead time / cost reduction opportunities.
- 10% travel
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- AS Degree from accredited trade institution
- 5+ years direct injection molding tooling design and manufacture experience in the aerospace or industrial gas turbine investment casting industry including experience with tool/fixture design, manufacture and dimensional verification.
- 5+ years' CNC machine and programming experience.
- US Citizen due to program requirements
- Expertise with investment cast tooling, including wax injection tools, ceramic core tools and related support tooling (gages and fixturing)
- Ability to set-up, operate, and maintain machine tools. (Conventional milling, turning, grinding, EDM, etc.)
- Ability to construct/modify/repair tooling and fixturing with or without prints with minimal direction or supervision.
- Ability to operate and program robotic equipment and coordinate measuring machines.
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity.
- The ability to build positive relationships and craft clear communication.
Our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01261388
Community / Marketing Title: Casting Lab Lead Tooling Technician
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US