Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7390
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01271656 Date posted 01/14/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join our Team? We have current openings for Inspectors in East Hartford, CT.
You will perform visual and dimensional inspection to verify the proper assembly and disassembly of new and overhaul gas turbine engines and components. Follow procedures to settle extent and nature of repairs needed to restore parts and accessories to required specifications. Perform related inspection and process paperwork, in associated area.
Typical duties you will preform:
- Work from written inspection procedures, drawings and other instructions to perform inspection of specified engine build or overhaul operations. Carry out required visual and dimensional inspection procedures prior to shipment. Refer for acceptance or identify nonconformance for quality review as appropriate and recommend necessary processes.
- Follow detailed instructions to assist with the evaluation of engine in need of repair or overhaul including taking of photographs and visually inspecting engine for needed repair. Perform routine inspection of parts, accessories or equipment and effect paperwork to refer for further processing.
- Oversee parts for processing through overhaul or repair operations to ensure the most efficient and cost effective routing. Evaluate paperwork. Determine change in processes as required, and reallocate parts to work centers as needed. Use a variety of fixed and variable measuring instruments to check dimensions and record results. Perform mathematical computations to resolve extent of nonconformance. Recognize need and arrange for repair or replacement of equipment.
- Perform routine servicing throughout the assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions such as inspector's check list for upkeep and to assure equipment operates properly. Assist others who are responsible for inspection processes and operations such as swaps and buys and other specialized assignments.
- You may be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications within assigned specialization. May be assigned to carry out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individual's skills.
- East Hartford Repair Operations is an FAA regulated facility and compliance with such rules is a condition of employment.
- High School/ GED
- 2+ years of direct aircraft trades training and experience.
- 1+ Year experience manufacturing/ industrial experience
- 2+ Years experience as an Inspector
- 4+ Years experience working in Aerospace/ Manufacturing/ Industrial setting
- 1+ Year Experience with CCM
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01271656
Community / Marketing Title: Parts Inspector
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US