PW1500G MSE/EXT CIPT Aftermarket Deputy
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7369
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01279044 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. You'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to be a part of a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
In support of the P&W Commercial Engine Programs Aftermarket Ramp, a Component Aftermarket Team has been formed to focus on reducing cost, improving time on wing and improving turn-around time (TAT) in the overhaul repair shops for our managed commercial engine fleets. The CIPT Aftermarket Deputy (CAIPT Lead) is a co-located member of the CIPT Leadership Team driving execution of Aftermarket support strategy. This position will provide direct support within the Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) for all aftermarket aspects, collaborating with the Global Services Engineering (GSE) organization, commercial repairs.
- Establish and execute an aftermarket support strategy inclusive of module configuration, spares constraints, contract cost and work scope changes
- Drive alignment between Program requirements and Aftermarket strategy
- Establish and handle part/component/module maintenance plans
- Drive prioritization of actions to material need, contract cost, and TAT
- Support detailed part gap analysis ensuring long-term supportability of customer / workscope / EC changes
- Drive a cohesive /harmonized approach between CIPT, AMOPs, Engine Services, Transactional Aftermarket, CTS, GSE, and Program Office
- Ensure part strategy addresses top technical issues with design requirements, limits and repair strategy
- Develop incorporation plans that drive limited workscope and minimize overall contract cost exposure
- Drive reparability lesson learning into new part redesign
- Develop rapid response to immediate program needs, including targeted work scopes
- Aid CIPT to develop reaction plans to new distress modes, part delivery shortfalls, workscope changes, or other disruption
- Incorporate learning from events into long-term picture ensuring updated spares/repair/cost forecasting
- Identify shortfalls and drive solutions to existing processes which inhibit ability to control aftermarket risk/cost
- Identify where infrastructure is not in place to provide necessary data for CIPT/CAIPT
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Manufacturing Engineering is required.
- Advnaced degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 10+ years work experience in engineering, customer service, aftermarket, or operations with a Bachelor's degree or
- 7+ years of experience in engineering, customer service, aftermarket or operations with an Advanced Engineering degree.
- Advanced Engineering degree
- Strong teammate who can work within a multi-discipline multi-functional team.
- Strong social and communication skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Excellent team leadership and customer focus.
- Assertive and results-oriented with good problem-solving skills.
- Exposure to cost and schedule management.
- Project engineering experience and/or team leadership is desired.
- Experience with CIPT operations, manufacturing processes, and field support are desired.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01279044
Community / Marketing Title: PW1500G MSE/EXT CIPT Aftermarket Deputy
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US