Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7342
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01280923 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We have a rare opportunity for a talented Buyer to join the procurement team in East Hartford, CT . Do you wish you could put your expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do, this is part of our success in the Aerospace Industry. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your career, then we have a phenomenal opportunity for you.
In this role you'll support Military Support Equipment for various P&W MRO business units, government programs and foreign military customers. You'll perform various Purchasing and Supply Chain Management functions while maintaining focus on engine readiness for our customers.
The selected candidate will:
Manage the procurement cycle from supplier selection to bid process to order placement to payment of invoice
Manage Military Support Equipment Supply Base Order Process - including but not limited to:
- Statement of Work (SOW) agreements, Standard and Service Purchase Orders
- Communicate changes effectively and accurately Report status of Due dates, Order Status, open issues
- Negotiate pricing, contractual terms, and lead time
- Control costs and perform price analysis
- Manage vendor relationships and performance
- Manage and support delivery schedule to customers
- Maintain accuracy of purchasing documents and data
- Coordinate with respective departments to set priorities and time-lines
- Ensure compliance with applicable Procurement Manual Regulations, Requirements, and P&W policies
- Create and maintain Access queries as required
- Perform other duties as required
- BA/BS degree Business, Supply Chain, Accounting, Finance
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in a Procurement environment
- Minimum 3 years' Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
- Minimum 3 years' experience with Drawings & Technical Data, Manufacturing Processes, Root Cause analysis
- Minimum 2 years' Experience with SAP
- US Citizen due to government contracts
- Experience with continuous improvement processes is desirable.
- Team Player / Communication / Listening / Adaptability
- Ability to work with internal/external entities at all levels.
- Highly organized; Strong attention to detail
- Ability to - manage multiple priorities in a changing environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01280923
Community / Marketing Title: Buyer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US