Manager Strategic Sourcing, Indirect Procurement
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7340
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01271871 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. We help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Do you have the experience to join our Global Supply Chain Team?
Do you take initiative and are a strong strategic thinker with extraordinary analytical, project management, communication and interpersonal skills? If so, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for and we would like to hear from you!
Pratt and Whitney has a rare opportunity for an Indirect Strategic Sourcing Manager based in East Hartford, CT.
In this role, you are a part of the Indirect Supply Chain team which sources and procures Indirect goods and services, ranging from outsourced engineering support to production consumables, worth billions of dollars annually. You will lead category specific strategy development and sourcing initiatives to deliver innovation supply chain solutions that provide the best value to P&W. This position will not only be a focal point for leaders across Pratt & Whitney, but will also engage collaboratively with Indirect Supply Chain leaders, category managers, and procurement professionals across United Technologies Corporation (UTC).
UTC is the parent company of Pratt & Whitney and also consists of United Technologies Aerospace Systems (UTAS), Climate, Controls & Security (CCS), and Otis.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Managing entire projects with significant scope and complexity.
- Leading negotiations and closing commercial agreements with Suppliers pertaining to Business Services or Operations while ensuring compliance with UTC ethics, P&W and/or UTC policies and procedures.
- Developing and handling global sourcing strategy by category and establish sourcing criteria.
- Responsibility for the UTC & Inter-divisional relationship.
- Developing and executing commercial and contract strategy for assigned categories.
- Identifying cost savings and process and service improvement opportunities.
- Leading the development, implementation and execution of the sourcing and procurement strategy (Playbook).
- Working with management to address all aspects of category business plans, and pricing through minimizing commercial risk, lowering cost of ownership and meeting customers' expectations.
- Leading spend reduction strategies with customers and identify future opportunities.
- Responsibility for category savings reporting and targets.
- Assisting in resolution of contract disputes and/or commercial issues related to the agreements.
- Actively participating and supporting QBRs, SSRBs, UTC Passport and Council meeting
- Providing strategic recommendations to all levels of management.
- Responsibility for projects to support strategic and continuous improvement initiatives.
- There is International travel associated with this position.
- 7 + years of operations or supply chain or engineering or business or project management experience with a Bachelor's degree OR 5+ years of operations or supply chain or engineering or business or project management experience with an advanced degree.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- US Citizenship required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills - credibility, influencing, presentation, negotiating.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience and knowledge of Supply Management (Product or Indirect), Administration / Commerce, Legal, Purchasing, Business, Engineering a plus.
- Proven experience in project management, execution of major projects and customer focus/relationship management a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01271871
Community / Marketing Title: Manager Strategic Sourcing, Indirect Procurement
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US