Agile Project Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7326
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01276042 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
We have a rare opportunity for a talented Agile Project Manager to be based in E. Hartford, CT. The Digital System Design and Partner (DSD&P) design group empowers our engineers and clients by designing intuitive, efficient applications and solutions that simplify and streamline their work. As advocates of Agile Methodology and User-centered design, the DSD&P Group works closely with leadership and stakeholders to align with business goals and strategy.
The Agile Project Manager will follow an agile iterative and incremental product delivery that uses frequent feedback and collaborative decision-making to lead multiple technical, business, test and training teams. You are responsible for driving project timelines, resources, quality and risk; including milestone planning and reporting, project budget tracking, budget analysis, staffing projections, status reporting, change requests, and other basic project administration activities within the Agile project management framework.
- Plan, execute, monitor, track and report technology projects using traditional and Agile development processes & techniques.
- Act as a Scrum Master for 2-3 Agile teams, mentoring and coaching team members on Agile principles and methodology
- Understand and implement development and unit testing
- Lead, Arrange and facilitate all Agile ceremonies including, Stand-ups , Reviews, Retrospectives, Grooming, and Sprint & Release planning
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress to all affected teams and management using Agile estimating techniques
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution in order to improve team productivity while promoting continuous improvement
- Ensure that daily task status and hours are being updated by team on ALM systems such as Jira/RTC to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs
- Facilitate teams in making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- Develop and maintain project plans, resource utilization schedules and budget materials for multiple simultaneous projects.
- Oversee and drive project activities to deliver required functionality on time and within budget
- Collaborating with Product Owner, Program Owners, and Technical Architecture Leads to ensure the project vision is understood.
- Monitor project resources, tasks, risks and milestones and course correcting when necessary using defined change control procedures
- Provide ongoing coaching to the teams on usage and applications of Agile/Scrum practices
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years IT experience
- US Citizenship due to government contracts
- Degree in Information Technology or computer related field
- Master's Degree
- Agile Practitioner certification
- Scrum Master, CSPO or other Scrum certifications
- Background in Kanban and other Agile process
- Experience working with offshore teams in onshore/offshore support model
- Experience supporting Agile software development teams including internationally
- Excellent understanding of JIRA tool and its features
- Experience transforming, mentoring, and coaching new teams to Lean Agile way of thinking and working
- Ability to quickly establish collaborative partnerships with all key stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with people at all levels - from developers to senior leadership team.
- Strong teamwork and influencing skills. Ability to establish relationships, credibility with all stakeholders.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01276042
Community / Marketing Title: Agile Project Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US