Manager, Structures Engineering
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7315
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01275020 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Structures Engineering Manager to be based in East Hartford, CT.Aligned with Pratt & Whitney's Compression Systems Engineering (CSE), the Structures Manager works with the Fan/Low Pressure Compressor (LPC) Structures organization. You will collaborate with the Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT), partners, mating modules and system design disciplines to lead the execution of structures tasks supporting mature and development of commercial and military engine Fan/LPC. You are the primary contact for the CIPT Structures tasks and will ensure the quality of the work from the team. You are responsible for planning and managing technical tasks and achievements, manpower planning and management (including outsourcing), employee development (including discipline proficiency), and performance evaluations. You will coach and mentor less experienced engineers.
- Perform a wide range of structures analyses in support of aircraft gas turbine engine programs through preliminary/detailed design, development, validation, certification, manufacturing, and operational service.
- Provide technical direction based on structural evaluations that may involve consideration of strength, buckling, deflections, vibrations, fatigue life, damage tolerance and/or any other appropriate criteria.
- Prepare and deliver presentation materials to internal management and to airframe or government customers/regulators in formal design reviews and other settings.
- Prescribe instrumentation requirements for structural and engine tests, monitor and fix test execution, prepare assessments of results including correlation to analytical and/or numerical calculations.
- Provide production or field problems support and recommend solutions.
- Work with Outsourcing vendors to ensure work is completed, reviewed and approved by structures associates with appropriate proficiency level.
- Collaborate to advance technology and improve engineering processes and methods.
10% Travel Anticipated
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 7+ years' experience in Structural analysis and Engineering
- US Citizenship due to program requirements
- MS in Engineering
- Technical Leadership experience
- Experience in Fan/Low Pressure Compressor (LPC) Structures
- Knowledge of rotating or static engine structures
- Proficiency in Teamcenter, Unigraphics, Ansys, and classical methods of analysis.
- A broad understanding of hardware, blueprints and manufacturing methods.
- Ability to craft clear communication and build positive relationships
- Validated effectiveness in working across functions, organizations and all levels of management.
- Focus on results and the ability to drive tasks to completion.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01275020
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Structures Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US