Staff Structures Engineer - Exhaust Systems - Hot Section Engineering
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7310
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01278056 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. You'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to be a part of a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
If you aspire to be a part of a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
The Advanced Engine Programs (AEP) Exhaust System Group is currently looking for an experienced and highly motivated Structures Engineer to join its team.
- The Advanced Engine Program (AEP) offers a unique opportunity to participate in a multi-disciplinary team in a lean, hyper-focused team environment.
- Structures engineers are empowered and have immediate input into the design of future exhaust components, starting with concept initiation/optimization, enhancing their own skills while also learning from other disciplines
- The AEP Exhaust System Structures Engineer is encouraged to bring their creativity, leadership, and engineering skills to the forefront, as we advance technologies, delight our customer, and win future military business for our company. A core function of all structures engineers is to participate on an Integrated Product Team (IPT), collaborating with multiple disciplines to provide design solutions that balance customer requirements for durability, performance, cost and weight while advancing the state of technology on exhaust structures.
- The AEP structures engineers will provide technical & analytical support for military programs, with responsibility for the durability and structural integrity of exhaust components. Specific structural engineering specialties may include dynamics and loads, stability and stress fatigue, or thermal analysis. The structures engineer's ability to bound technical problems quickly, offer structural design options, and demonstrate design sensitivities through analytical studies will be integral to the success of the AEP Exhaust System Team.
Education / Certifications
Education Minimum of a BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering required
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 7+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree
- Have the ability to obtain a security clearance or active security clearance
- U.S Citizenship due to government contracts.
- Advanced Degree Engineering.
- Knowledge/Experience in Continuous Improvement tools such as Lean Six Sigma, ACE, etc.
- Aerospace Industry ANSYS Experience
The final Grade/Level for the position will depend on Qualifications and Experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01278056
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Structures Engineer - Exhaust Systems - Hot Section Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US