Repair Development Engineer
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma US
Job Number: 7300
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01278486 Date posted 01/09/2019 City Midwest City State Oklahoma Country United States
United States of America
PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
This Repair Design Engineer (RDE) position is with the Global Services Engineering (GSE) Military Repairs group. The RDE is responsible for the development of repairs for the F135 engine. This includes development of the repair concept, writing of the repair, obtaining internal approvals, facilitating government approval, and coordination with the repair sources.
Your job responsibilities include:
- Research operating environments and functionality of components, interactions with mating parts; develop strategies which will return damaged parts back to service.
- Create technical documents that provide engineering requirements for repairs.
- Facilitate the development and qualification of repair tools.
- Ensure repair tasks are completed to schedule and on budget.
10% Travel may be required for this position.
This position will be located at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma City, OK.
- BS in Engineering or technical discipline with 5 years of engineering experience OR MS in Engineering or technical discipline with 3 years of engineering experience
- US citizenship is required due to government program requirements.
- 5 years of experience in mechanical design in aerospace
- Defense industry experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing processing such as machining, plating, plasma spray, welding, brazing or composite fabrication is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Comfortable with customer interaction
- Project management skills
- Team player
- Positive Relationships
- Craft Clear Communication
- Possess Excellent Judgement and professional maturity
- Analytical Skills
- Participate in Process Improvement efforts
- Provide Creative solutions
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01278486
Community / Marketing Title: Repair Development Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Midwest City, Oklahoma US