Manager, Engine Services FP&A
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7288
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01273083 Date posted 01/09/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to contribute and grow in a variety of ways.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. Help answer today's challenges in powered flight while molding and supporting tomorrow's solutions. We work with an explorer's heart and your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, we've built an environment where each and every employee is valued. We are fueled by people that bring passion, teamwork and leadership to everything they do - at work or in the community.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
We have a rare opportunity for a Manager role in our Commercial Engines Services group in East Hartford, Connecticut.
The role will oversee and engage in a wide range of contract management and financial planning and analysis activities, contract estimate at completion (EAC) and variance analysis, financial planning and forecasting, customer proposals and analysis, and controls and compliance.
You will report directly to the Senior Manager for P&W Engine Services LT Contracts and will provide critical financial support to the Associate Director, P&W Engine Services Finance as well as to the Director.
You will work closely with the fleet manager for each of their respective contracts and work effectively within a multi-functional team from Engineering, Customer Management, Sales, and Operations Analytics and will present regular variance analysis to the VP of Engine Services and the Executive Director of Engine Services.
With a P&L of ~$3.5B of annual revenue and over $45B of backlog, Engine Services is setting the strategy for the future of Commercial Engines.
Calculating and analyzing contract estimates at completion (EACs) for multiple fleet management contracts on the V2500, PW4000, PW2000, and GTF engine portfolios.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Prepare and present all financial analysis related to the contract EACs to P&W Executive leadership and external auditors.
- Prepare and present all financial analysis related to specific customer proposals and contract restructuring activities.
- Coordinate all monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities including the consolidation and submission of actual financial results for multiple fleet management contracts.
- Coordinate all MML and OMM planning activities for P&W Engine Services including the consolidation, submission, and presentation of all short and long term forecasts for multiple fleet management contracts, as well as coordinate the annual rate recalculation and provide necessary support for our invoicing vendor
- Provide overall financial oversight for these contracts as well as ongoing support for the contract's fleet manager
- Use ACE tools for continuous operational improvement plans in support of achieving ACE gold.
BS/BA Accounting or Finance required
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Finance role is required.
- Experience working with Contracts and EAC is a strong plus
- Aerospace industry experience preferred.
- A strong work ethic and validated analytical, organization and time management skills
- Strong financial and analytical skills and able to effectively communicate throughout all functions of these businesses
- Strong desire to take on projects and implement operational improvement initiatives
- Team orientated, possess strong social skills and be able to interact across all levels of the organization
- Self-starter who takes ownership of assigned projects and initiatives
- Experience with ACE is a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01273083
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Engine Services FP&A
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US