Repair Development Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7282
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01277992 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. You'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to be a part of a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
P&W is seeking a Repair Design/Development Engineer (RDE) for the Cases & Composites Group within the Global Services Engineering (GSE) Commercial repair group for our facility in East Hartford, CT. The RDE is responsible for the development of repairs for commercial gas turbine engine parts, and including development of the repair concept, writing of the repair, obtaining internal approvals, obtaining FAA regulatory approval, and coordination with the end user.
- Lead a multi-discipline team to establish repair design requirements and ensure repairs are safe, durable, and meet the quality requirements of the OEM parts.
- Research operating environments and functionality of components, their interactions with mating parts, and develop strategies which will return damaged parts back to service.
- Create technical documents that provide engineering requirements for repairs.
- Interface with commercial product line management (PLM) to secure priorities and understand programmatic issues.
- Support the Customer in the resolution of field supportability issues.
- Ensure repair tasks are completed to schedule and on budget.
* Education / Certifications
BS in Engineering.
- BS in Engineering.
- Minimum 1-3 years of mechanical design or manufacturing engineering experience.
- 1 year of experience in the use of Unigraphics/NX or similar CAD application.
- BS in Mechanical, Aerospace or Materials Engineering or equivalent.
- Exposure to cost and schedule management or team leadership is desired.
- Experience with manufacturing processes such as, machining, plating, plasma spray, welding or brazing is also desired.
- Team player.
- Craft clear communication.
- Participate in process improvement efforts.
- Possess excellent judgement.
- Analytical skills.
- Provide creative solutions.
- Help build positive relationships.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01277992
Community / Marketing Title: Repair Development Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US