Lead Tech, Quality Assurance
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma US
Job Number: 7262
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01275503 Date posted 01/02/2019 City Midwest City State Oklahoma Country United States
United States of America
PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have a great opportunity for a Lead Tech, Quality Assurance in OK City, OK.
- Perform a wide variety of inspection duties monitoring the vendor repair of engine/module subassemblies and components. Verify that repair work performed is done in conformance with technical manuals, operation sheets, and engineering requirements and does not endanger the safety of engine hardware
- Review technical manual data and service repair operation sheets to verify proper and complete adherence to the defined process for the repair of sub-assemblies and components. Take measurements as required, during the inspection process.
- Perform visual inspection of tooling, gages and measuring instruments to ensure they are in good working condition and that any required calibration or inspection requirements are met to verify compliance with quality procedures.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections of incoming and outgoing parts to determine serviceability or reparability in accordance with approved technical data. Perform any other duties assigned by Quality Supervision.
- Performs process audits to ensure Quality System compliance. Periodically, assist in orientating, evaluating and inspecting the work of other employees. Reviews and archives all production and quality control paperwork, inspection reports and certificates. Enters various quality control data into the computer database.
- Travel may be up to 10%
- High School Diploma
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing, aerospace and/or quality
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Associate's Degree
- Broad knowledge and experience with jet engine construction and hardware
- Good understanding of jet engine operating principles and inspection processes/methods; know the function of engine sections and parts, with an understanding of their relationship to other engine sections and parts
- Quality support experience in an Aerospace environment including quality systems and procedures, ISO, audits, calibration techniques and SPC
- F100, F119 and F135 Engine Family experience
- Demonstrable skills with Microsoft Office
- ACE Associate or Six Sigma Background Preferred
- SAP MRO experience Preferred|
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01275503
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Tech, Quality Assurance
Location_formattedLocationLong: Midwest City, Oklahoma US