Repair Process Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7155
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01214744 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney is in the middle of a significant ramp up in production for the Geared TurboFan engine family. Concurrent with this new manufacture ramp, the aftermarket business is also going through a significant ramp up in demand for legacy and GTF repair capacity and capability. The Repair Process Chiefs, who are the members of the Repair Process Standard Work Team, are responsible for establishing, monitoring and maintaining the repair standards and repair best practice to which P&W operates in order to ensure safe, efficient and effective aftermarket repairs are performed at all P&W and P&W-network repair facilities. The RPSW Team is seeking people with expertise in:
- Non-Destructive Examination / Dimensional Inspection
- Robotics / Automation
- Chemical Processing / Cleaning
- Shop Flow / Production Systems
- Conventional and Non-Conventional Machining
A process for Repair Process Engineers (RPEs) to follow for repair development, maintenance, or task revisions through the use of RPSW Workflow Maps, RPSW documents, templates, and Gated Repair Process Reviews in an aftermarket business and Aftermarket Manuals.
- Create and use standard work processes to ensure ongoing and transitioned repairs within the global network are executed in a structured, disciplined manner to industry best practice.
- Participate in R2 and R4 reviews, which are Repair Readiness reviews, to ensure smooth transition and rapid implementation of new repairs into production
- Identify and lead strategic and tactical projects relating to repair processes; repair process improvement in yield, TAT or cost
- Lead relevant Process Leverage Teams consisting of members from shops across the P&W network. Intent to promote consistency across the network, share best practice, identify and execute needed changes to RPSW with network shop input and buy-in.
- Develop training curriculum and process-specific course work to perform practitioner training to grow and improve capable practitioners to the betterment of the shops
- Facilitate incorporation of new technologies
- Assess and ensure discipline health for each Chief's process
- Assist with assessment and ensure shop health in terms of trained, capable people and shop adherence to standards
- Assist in addressing critical shop-process related issues as requested.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Materials Engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in gas turbine engines and a minimum of 5 years' experience in gas turbine overhaul and repair.
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- MS degree or higher preferred.
- Candidates for the NDE Chief position should have certifications in NDE methods of primary importance in repair: Radiography, FPI, Ultrasonic Inspection.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01214744
Community / Marketing Title: Repair Process Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US