Senior Software Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7140
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01277979 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The Pratt & Whitney Publication Systems team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
The Publication Systems team is responsible for improving and maintaining the software systems that create and publish technical documents for Pratt & Whitney's commercial and military engines. In this role, you will be challenged with unique opportunities to enhance and maintain these systems while addressing different requirements from multiple stakeholders. Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Improving and maintain the internal platforms that enable automated and on-demand publications of technical data.
- Supporting dependent engine programs to ensure on-time deliveries of their releases.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues to improve overall publishing performance.
- Managing customer expectations by ensuring the scope and direction of each project is on schedule.
- Managing vendors for external contractors.
Due to our government contracts, all applicants must be US Citizens.
- 5+ years of experience with any programming language, to include:
- Experience with CI/CD automation services.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git.
- Able to work well with all levels and functions within different organizations.
- Proficient with Python, HTML5, CSS3.
- Experience with Jenkins.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with S1000D, iSpec 2200, or other XML/SGML specifications.
- Experience with Corena or other technical publication software.
- Experience with XSL transformations.
- Experience with Agile software development.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01277979
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US