Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7122
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01276685 Date posted 01/07/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Industrial Engineer to be based in E. Hartford, CT.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Area of Expertise: Performance of skilled manufacturing operations such as production machining, assembly/test, inspection, electrical/electronics or construction. Planning and allocation of resources, materials and scheduling of equipment for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel. Establish physical layout of machinery and most efficient sequence of operations and work flow.
Incumbent's responsibilities will generally focus on one or more of the following:
- Planning & Scheduling
- Allocation of resources
- Tool & Die
- Design and sequence of operations
- Industrial Engineering
All Employees Shall:
- Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards
- Attend scheduled EH&S training program
- Actively support the organization's efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans
- Recommend improved EH&S practices
Level of Responsibility:
- Responsible for small projects or multiple tasks within functional discipline
- Makes significant contribution to their team by applying their knowledge of the discipline
- Works with moderate guidance on projects with short-term focus
- Has a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the discipline and role-continuing to develop specialized knowledge
- AA/AS degree w/5+ years experience or BA/BS degree w/2+ years experience or MA/MS degree w/0 years experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01276685
Community / Marketing Title: Industrial Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US