Manager, Global Learning & Development
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7084
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01276915 Date posted 01/07/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
You'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
The sky has no limits.
Are you willing to make a difference in your career? Do you like influencing others' success and growth? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Pratt and Whitney has a rare opportunity for a Manager, Global Learning & Development (G-L&D) within the Talent team in East Hartford, Connecticut.
Our Learning & Development strategy is tied to key moments in our employees career.
Your focus areas will include but will not be limited to:
- Managing the Boarding Key Moment, particularly focused on New Hire Orientation and an employee's journey through year one
- Responsible for onboarding governance, pre-orientation, post-orientation and division transfers
- Weekly preparation and facilitation of the orientation in addition to leading first day paperwork processing and I-9 compliance
- Partnering with remote sites to create a consistent onboarding experience
- Developing an external benchmark network with other top organizations and associations
- Partnering with business and HR leaders to execute strategy and programs
- Analyzing and reporting on data and research trends to best-in-class class and innovative solutions are continuously being applied
- Using adult learning, instructional and employee design principles to build multiple format (e.g. digital, performance, on the job) learning solutions for leaders
- Maintaining and applying solid knowledge of learning technologies and design methodologies
- Working fluidly across teams and regions to go beyond expectations and delight our internal customers
In keeping with Pratt & Whitney's culture of continuous improvement, your responsibilities will also include:
- Utilizing ACE tools to identify process improvements for New Hire Orientation and the Boarding Key Moment, including iterating and improving day 1 facilitation in Connecticut
- Developing an implementation plan for process improvements
- Bachelors degree and 7 + years' related Human Resources, Training, Learning & Development and/or /Communications
- Masters in Human Resource, Business or Related Social Sciences
- Experience working in a global/international company
- Background in Leadership Development
- Experience and knowledge of both instructional design and design thinking principles
- Extraordinary project management skills/experience; highly organized with solid attention to detail and a commitment to completed staff work
- Experience and comfort speaking in large groups and facilitating training
- Ability to influence through data driven recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels of employees
- Accustomed to working under pressure and having the flexibility to handle multiple demands
- Strong focus on continuous improvement
- Demonstrate shown customer focused experience and excellent business judgment
- Ability and demonstrated skills to drive results and lead change
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse and dynamic collaborative environment
- Customer focused
- Actively partners and collaborates towards the best solutions
- Enlists others and leads change through building rapport and demonstrating passion
- Evidences strong influencing skills
- Translates talent development and OD methodologies into practical business applications
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01276915
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Global Learning & Development
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US