Production Control Manager
Location: Holt, Michigan US
Job Number: 7049
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01278523 Date posted 01/02/2019 City Holt State Michigan Country United States
United States of America
PW714: Holt MI 1780 Holloway, Holt, MI, 48842 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Production Control Manager for our Alternate Work Weekend dayshift to be located in Lansing, MI.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive.
Job Summary -
- The Production Control Manager (PCM) will be a versatile position with responsibilities in materials, operations, and engineering - overseeing all facets of NGPF Fan Blade Assembly, Quality Notification processing and supporting critical shop materials activities.
- The PCM will conduct planning activities by establishing, coordinating, and maintaining an accurate production plan for fan blade assembly production lines.
- Create schedule, change, and track material for production.
- Work with suppliers and buyers to assure that purchased parts arrive in a timely manner to support need.
- Communicate jobs requiring quick turnaround to assembly areas and work to facilitate accurate / timely processing.
- Assist in coordinating material kitting and movement from shipping and receiving areas.
- Create stores and material transactions in conjunction with shop deliveries.
- Update production files as blades kit, work and deliver.
- Remove parts from Bill of Materials (BOM) and place in quality as well as prioritize material within receiving inspection work areas as needed.
- Conduct external communications on behalf of PWAA Lansing as required.
- Track boxes as necessary to keep production personnel deliveries in sync.
- The PCM will also be the point of contact for critical shop material delivery concerns.
- Track and report delivery dates for shop backorders owed to Engine Center; follow up on delivery status of critical commitments owed to Commercial Spares customers.
- Follow up on critical raw material and detail shipments with Purchasing to support shop production and keep material flowing through all warehouse activities.
- Support all critical shop material delivery concerns; make allocation decisions, oversee and provide direction for all critical material functions.
- Provide guidance to Hourly Associates in assembly processes and work instructions.
- Be point of contact for communications between the engineering staff and assembly mechanics.
- Able to provide information based on blue prints of parts and assemblies.
- Knowledge of composite assembly theory, processes, and application.
- Responsible for providing leadership and guidance to a multi-skilled group of team members for NGPF blades assembly cells and shipping and receiving areas
- Work with all members of the PWAA NGPF organization to ensure that the business goals are implemented and achieved.
- Ensure employees are adequately trained and work in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Execute business decisions in a fair and equitable manner, support regular toolbox meetings, provide two-way communications, consistent application of policy/work rules, clear, consistent communication of organizational goals and objectives.
- Responsibility for critical material functions, receiving, KCA, RM & detail warehousing.
- Responsibility to track critical detail and raw material shortages & shipments towards releasing material to Business Unit.
- Training to be provided, expectation is for candidate to possess superior working skills in shop floor coordinator functions, delivery assurance communications, and receiving & warehousing activities.
- Apply ACE, lean and other continuous improvement techniques to develop and implement process improvement initiatives aimed at increasing quality, throughput and delivery integrity.
- Responsible to ensure that the PWAA FOD policy is implemented and FOD reduction efforts are implemented.
- Support all Company obligations as they relate to Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, contracting with the United States Government and Administration of FAA policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, or related discipline with 5+ years of management experience OR Master's Degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline with 3+ years of management experience.
- Aerospace industry experience
- Union Environment experience
- Demonstrated analytical aptitude, problem-solving skills, conflict resolution skills, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-directed with excellent practices, processes and procedures
- Demonstrated flexibility / adaptability in high stress, ambiguous environments
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize, implement lean principles and reduce waste
- Consistent track record of supervising people and managing projects
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, and Solumina
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01278523
Community / Marketing Title: Production Control Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Holt, Michigan US