Aftermarket Supply Chain Intern - Summer 2019
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 6905
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01268482 Date posted 01/03/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
The internship is located at the Columbus Engine Center. Summer Assignments in Columbus Engine Center Procurement may include:
- Develop and implement method to systemically track supplier metrics
- Work with the team to develop internal reporting methods, templates, and standards
- Assist in developing standard work
- Learn purchasing / buyer functions and augment team during the summer months
- Experience in MS PowerPoint and Excel required
- Self-starter, who can prioritize to meet various deadlines
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and execute appropriate decision making in a fast paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, along with good interpersonal skills
- Results oriented, while being customer focused
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Must currently be pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Business, Supply Chain or Analytics
- First year (Freshman) undergraduate coursework should be complete
- GPA of 3.0 or higher required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01268482
Community / Marketing Title: Aftermarket Supply Chain Intern - Summer 2019
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US