SSIPT Leader: ACC System PW1100G-JM NEO PIP
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 6894
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01266863 Date posted 01/03/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress.
It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
This is a really exciting time at P&W! As we continue to grow, there is a deep focus on our culture. We are committed to being a company that is transparent and mindful. We 've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
A rare opportunity exists to join us as an SSIPT Leader at our East Hartford, CT campus.
The SSIPT Leader is a highly visible leadership opportunity within the Systems Engineering organization.
You are the single point of contact responsible for the sub-system to meet the all the associated technical landmarks related to the active clearance control (ACC) sub-system.
The ACC System SSIPT works across a wide range of disciplines which includes Performance, ATS (Aero Thermal Systems), Controls, Externals, UTAS, as well as CIPT's, requiring excellent integration, organization, and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Define and verify architecture and schematics
- Manage ultimate Failure Strategy, Hazard Management Plan
- Handle Reliability - Maintainability - Risk - Trade studies
- Maintain schedules to meet sub-system technical landmarks
- Certify and verify reports
- Integrate team member activities for the sub-system
- Participate in integration meetings for communication
- Handle Subsystem-based decisions
- Ensure all sub-system requirements are met on schedule
- Handle technical performance and presents Monthly Program Reviews (MPR) to Program Management
- Develop & lead schedules to meet technical achievements & work (not hardware - CIPT's responsibility)
- Identifies needs and/or gaps in ESW at system and module levels that impact sub-system design
- Build sub-system ESW improvements and drive Mod Ctr ESW; defines alternative approaches.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace required.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of 7-10 yrs experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Proven leadership capability -
- System engineering design/analysis experience, including air system functional operation, including Controls -
- Schedules & requirements management
- An advanced degree and/or MBA is a plus.
- Proven experience with leadership, communication and organization skills, as the role requires pulling together a team of individuals from other organizations & disciplines, and developing a close coordination across the many organizations within PW Engineering.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01266863
Community / Marketing Title: SSIPT Leader: ACC System PW1100G-JM NEO PIP
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US