Facilities and Services Intern
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 6850
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01280777 Date posted 01/04/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military turbine engines, is seeking talented civil or environmental engineers to join our organization in a co-op capacity.This co-op position is within Pratt & Whitney's Facilities & Services organization based in Middletown, Connecticut.
Based on your interests and business needs, you will be assigned a position of responsibility in one of the following areas:
- Environmental Support Services Department
- Mechanical Department
- Financial analysis
- HVAC Department project support
- Electrical Department
During your internship you will be responsible for supporting the Middletown Facilities & Services organization. The key objective of your internship will be the installation, and development of new substations that will support manufacturing production operations on the Middletown Campus. A strong focus on Environmental Health and Safety is critical.
Specific tasks may include reviewing preventative maintenance and machine down time data on critical equipment in order to create recommendations to improve overall operational effectiveness. As a Facilities & Services intern you will also document and analyze data/results, prepare reports, draw conclusions and make recommendations based on your findings.
- Applicants must be pursuing a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum 3.0 grade point average.
- Interest in Environmental Engineering / Sustainability.
- A strong desire to make a difference, and helping us prepare for the production ramp.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong technical writing skills and demonstrated ability to effectively present technical data
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in teams as both a leader and a participant
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this role
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01280777
Community / Marketing Title: Facilities and Services Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US