Senior Manager, GTF MRO Projects
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 6759
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01270159 Date posted 01/03/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
GTF Operations & Industrial Management is chartered to ramp-up global engine overhaul and repair capability. While working to expand capacity however, optimization of overhaul and repair processes to reduce costs and achieve overall performance commitments is key.
For MRO, we are looking to establish a core dedicated team of Industrial Engineers who will be responsible for process flow, optimization, and capacity management. The team will support the engine centers to design and execute optimal production plans through the use of engineering standards, lean tools, and visual/digital control panels to create the most efficient sequence of operations and work flow across the global network. Leveraging / sharing / implementing best practices across P&W and partner sites will be a key objective.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Work with Engine Centers (P&W and Partners), Engineering, Industrial Engineering discipline homeroom, to develop and sustain value stream maps and critical capacity data. Support boost testing (demonstration of future required rate) and closure of actions items.
- Provide strategic direction for systems, projects, and programs to maximize efficiency of MRO operations and delivering products including internal and external manufacturing sources
- Collect and analyze factory, flow-line, part or process-level information to improve capacity constrained work areas.
- Perform work measurements or sampling to drive process improvements, improved line balancing and ergonomics.
- Utilize factory simulations to perform "what if" scenarios, explore process bottlenecks and develop Gate progression / TAT reduction strategies.
- Review production schedules, engine manuals, work scope requirements, and related information to obtain knowledge of requirements, procedures, and activities.
- Establish critical control points in the value stream to ensure that engines meet cost / invoicing, quality standards, and customer demand rates.
- Lead VSM, 3P and Kaizen events on critical processes. Own the follow-up, closure and validation of results.
- Leveraging and implement best practices across P&W and partner MRO engine / repair sites.
- Develop MRO industrial standard work and support the overall advancement of the industrial engineering discipline.
Are you up for the challenge?
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Bachelor's Degree required. Preferred fields include Engineering, Business Management or Manufacturing
- You are a U.S. Citizen (required due to government contracts)
- At least 5 years of industrial engineering experience within an aerospace manufacturing environment required
- MBA or graduate degree in any of the defined preferred fields
- You have over 6 years' experience in industrial engineering and continuous improvement working within turbine engine assembly, test, and/or overhaul & repair (OEM or MRO) environment. Industrial engineering experience within other aerospace manufacturing environments can be considered.
- Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Total Quality Management (TQM) or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification along with a track record of cost savings and continual improvement accomplishments. Preference will be given to United Technologies applicants who have ACE Associate or higher certification or equivalent.
- Hands on experience with structured project management and dynamic problem solver with the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas
- Expert written and verbal skills with ability communicate in a straightforward manner.
- Excellent social skills and ability to foster positive working relationships
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Visio. Working knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems preferred
- You have valid passport or have the ability to obtain one. This position will require some domestic and international travel (up to 20%)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01270159
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, GTF MRO Projects
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US