Manager, Integrated Product Team, Compressor Airfoils
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 6754
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01266713 Date posted 01/03/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney Compression Systems Engineering is seeking a goal oriented, detail-focused project engineer to work for the Operational Commercial Engines as an Integrated Product Team Lead. Int this role you'll be the CIPT focal responsible for task execution on HPC and LPC rotor hardware. This position requires proven leadership, excellent communication skills, and demonstrated project management experience. Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate and lead an Integrated Product Team to meet technical requirements and task deliverables.
- Plan and manage budget for all hardware and tasks.
- Prepare and present status and technical content to CIPT and upper Pratt & Whitney management.
- Work closely with IPT members and subject matter experts on hardware field investigations to drive root cause and recommend product improvements.
- Lead Class 1 and Class 2 engineering change execution.
- Coordinate evaluation and disposition of quality non-conformances and supplier requests for information.
- Perform risk assessments and develop mitigation plans.
- Lead cost reduction and sustainment initiatives.
- Mentor less experienced employees.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- You've obtained a Bachelor's degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Status (Green Card Holder) is required
- Minimum 6 years of Mechanical Design and/or Structures Engineering experience within the Aerospace Manufacturing industry required
- Advanced Engineering degree or MBA preferred
- 10 or more year's experience working in the Aerospace Industry, and jet engines in particular would be highly desirable
- Previous Project Management experience - Previous gas turbine compressor experience - Working proficiency with MS Office, Teamcenter, SAP, and Planview
- Expert written and verbal skills with ability communicate in a straightforward manner. Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is strongly preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments
- Executive presence comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership
- You are comfortable working Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SAP supply chain experience preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01266713
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Integrated Product Team, Compressor Airfoils
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US