Associate Director, Systems Optimization-Conceptual Operational Analysis
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 6602
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01273150 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Associate Director based in East Hartford, Connecticut.
The Associate Director, Systems Optimization-Conceptual Operational Analysis position provides an opportunity to engage senior leadership as well as external government and airframe customers. The position will influence business and configuration strategies that P&W will use to grow its leadership position in military and commercial aerospace beyond 2030.
- Develop and conduct parametric Operational Analysis (OA) of advanced military and commercial flight systems.
- Identify opportunities for advanced propulsion, power, and thermal systems to alter military theater, campaign, and engagement scenarios.
- Apply military OA paradigms to identify disruptive technologies for commercial intercontinental, transcontinental, regional, and urban mobility aircraft markets.
- Coordinate with airframer OA teams to best utilize P&W/UTC capabilities.
- Conduct Analysis-of-Alternatives (AoA) to support competitive assessments and business case development. In particular, develop the tools to model advanced flight systems as a function of conceptual propulsion, power, and thermal parameters. Commercial capability areas may include: Intercontinental, transcontinental, regional, and urban mobility. Military capability areas include, but are not limited to: Air mobility, Air superiority, Strike, and C2ISR. Additionally, high Mach systems will be a part of the space for both military and commercial spaces.
- Demonstrate strong creative thinking skills, a passion learning, and discovery.
- Operate both independently with little mentorship and on a team with executive oversight.
- Exhibit great communication, team leadership, and coordination skills.
This position will collaborate with:
- P&W mission analysis, aircraft aero/configuration specialists, inlet/nacelle/exhaust designers, and the advanced propulsion concept team.
- United Technologies Aero Space (UTAS) and United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) to identify how new power, cooling, sensing, and communication concepts can be enabled by propulsion and/or altered by it.
- External Airframer customers to define new integrated propulsion, power, and cooling concepts for future aircraft.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, or Engineering
- 15 years of conceptual aircraft design experience in military and/or commercial aerospace industry.
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance.
- Master's or PhD in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience with characteristics of advanced platforms such as C2ISR/Strike UCAVs with embedded propulsion, fighter style aircraft, classic tube-wing architectures, and various missile concepts.
- Experience with modeling novel aircraft-propulsion systems and executing "Analysis-of-Alternative" type investigations.
- Experience developing and customizing AFSIM or FLAMES.
- Current Secret Clearance
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01273150
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Systems Optimization-Conceptual Operational Analysis
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US