Field Service Representative - Turkey
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 6590
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01267550 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA At Pratt and Whitney, the sky has no limits.
With Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to help build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL ASSIGMENT IN TURKEY. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. F135 International Sustainment is seeking an Interim Contractor Support (ICS) Field Service Engineer (FSE) to support the Turkish Air Force. The assignment is expected to last up to 24 months with the potential of being up to 3 years, dependent upon company business needs and personal developments.
The selected individual will be responsible for the following activities:
- Support site activation activities as required
- Coordinate F135 propulsion system maintenance activities with the PW team, flight line operating areas, squadron and Lockheed Martin maintenance operating areas
- Perform controls activities related to ALIS processing and analysis, propulsion system software loads, activations and monitoring of propulsion system Prognostic Health Monitoring, Engine Health Reporting Codes, and Maintenance Built In Test Systems (MBITS)
- Advise and assist the Customer in performance of F135 propulsion system maintenance, ensuring activities are performed IAW technical data and safe engine operation and maintenance procedures. Activities include fault isolation/troubleshooting and F135 repair actions consistent with the F135 Unit Level Maintenance Concept
- Support Government Property Management processes for program execution, to include but not limited to Support Equipment (SE), tooling, supply and government processes
- Work closely with P&W Customer Support Engineering and Sustainment to resolve technical and logistical problems involving F135 engine operation and maintenance through the use of the Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) and MERLIN System
- Use initiative and judgment to identify problems, conduct investigations to determine root causes, and implement corrective actions
- Actively support ACE initiatives and ensure employee safety by complying with and supporting EH&S activities
- Actively interface with local customer personnel at all levels from senior leadership to the newest recruits
- Provide timely insight to PW management relative to emerging issues and relationship with this valued P&W customer
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years experience working in a technical role with turbine propulsion
- US Citizenship due to DOD contracts
- Hold a Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain all required work permits and access requirements and maintain
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical field
- Proven logistics, interpersonal, leadership and teaming abilities
- Experience in F-35/F135 Production, Flight Test, CSE, Maintenance, and/or Program Management is a plus
- Strong communicative skill sets. Familiarity with ACE tools and processes
- Prior military service in maintenance and/or logistics is also a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01267550
Community / Marketing Title: Field Service Representative - Turkey
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US