Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 6588
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01254713 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Senior Statistician to be based in East Hartford, Connecticut.
Our Statistics and Data Analytics team recognizes and supports the power of turning data into insights. We are seeking a confident, and enthusiastic statistician to join our team. As a Senior Statistician you will help guide the company as it navigates through a myriad of engineering and business challenges. You will work on deeply diverse projects that involve significant knowledge of statistics, and have the opportunity every single day to apply, and develop your skills in nearly every area of statistics. You will effectively work with others to address diverse challenges within a rigorous statistical framework.
As member of our Statistics and Data Analytics team, your key focus areas will include:
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of engineers and analysts using classical, and modern statistical learning methods.
- Communicate effectively with non-statisticians and engage in engineering discussions with all levels of the organization.
- Train engineers in various systems and technologies including but not limited to Minitab, R, and survival analysis.
- Provide guidance to entry-level statisticians on the team
- Exhibit proven knowledge in: High Dimensional Data Analysis, Bayesian Methods, Survival Analysis, Machine Learning, Data Management, General Linear Models, Probability, Hypothesis Testing, Experimental Design, Categorical Data Analysis, Statistical Process Control
- Participate external and internal learning opportunities.
- Minimal travel may be necessary
- Masters Degree in Statistics, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Operations Research
- 5+ years of Statistician work experience
- PhD Degree in Statistics
- Experience in Data Science and Big Data Tools
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01254713
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Statistician
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US