Senior Engineer, Aero Thermal Fluid
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 6575
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01277012 Date posted 01/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
At Pratt and Whitney, the sky has no limits.
With Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to help build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Do you have the experience to join our team?
The Propulsion Systems Analysis group at Pratt & Whitney is at the forefront of advancing next generation engine capability through engine performance and operability optimization. The Geared Turbofan engine has dominated commercial single-aisle market sales, motivating additional platforms and continued innovation through the next generation product family product line. Likewise, the military products of the F-22 Raptor, F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, and next generation adaptive cycle engines, are world class engineering innovations that define the state of the art for jet engines. Pratt & Whitney is seeking candidates for Propulsion Systems Analysis with experience in one or more of the following functions:
- Development engine performance and modeling
- Analysis of transient engine handling characteristics
- Engine systems stability analysis for operability
- Dynamic systems modeling and control integration
- Engine functional testing and validation
- Numerical methods for cycle simulation and multidisciplinary optimization
- System functional requirements definition
System level project engineering critical skills involve application of steady state and transient thermodynamic principles to a wide range of aircraft engine performance development topics such as product validation, control definition and optimization, cycle studies, and performance improvement packages for thrust, fuel burn, and functional enhancements to the engine. This position is highly inter-disciplinary and collaborative, requiring excellent communication skills. Travel opportunities may arise depending on project assignments and requirements.
If you have extensive team leadership experience it will be considered for expanded roles in the Propulsion Systems Analysis organization; those with experience in a portion of the above responsibilities will be evaluated for development and growth opportunities while fulfilling a technical leadership role with support.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 4 years of experience with propulsion system design
- MS degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering with 2 years of experience with propulsion system design
- PhD degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering with research experience in aircraft propulsion
- U.S. Citizenship due to government contracts
- Experience applying principles of thermodynamics, gas dynamics, aerodynamics, statistics, and software design for aircraft engine topics.
- Experience with NPSS or equivalent thermodynamic system modeling software; iSight, ModelCenter or equivalent optimization software; statistical tools such as MiniTab, JMP; Matlab, Simulink
- Professional experience in both engine performance and operability.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01277012
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Engineer, Aero Thermal Fluid
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US