Quality Engineer, Weekend Shift, P2
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 12557
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01394913 Date posted 03/23/2020 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorerâ€s heart.
The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides
who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Doyouhavetheexperiencetojoinour North Berwick, ME Team?
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leading teams to investigate the root cause of customer escapes and non-conformances and determine appropriate corrective/preventive actions.
- Review and approve First Article inspections.
- Perform product, process and work instruction audits.
- Interface with various Engineering groups and Customer Support to resolve technical/quality issues related to engine manual repairs and other approved technical data.
- Lead and participate in various teams in support of the unitâ€s ACE goals.
- Review and implement various regulatory requirement changes.
- Provide technical guidance and training to OEM Parts Inspectors.
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ yearsâ€ experience in quality and/or manufacturing operations or a Associates Degree with 5+ yearsâ€ experience in quality and/or manufacturing operations.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Must have demonstrated effective root cause determination skills, Red-X, Fault Tree, etc.
- Must have ability to obtain, organize and analyze quality data.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Flexibility around shifts, for training and to maintain workflow, to include overtime.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01394913
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Engineer, Weekend Shift, P2
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US