Sr. Manager, Mfg/Ops, 1st shift, P5
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 12538
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01395236 Date posted 03/18/2020 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Engineering Technology Manager
As part of Pratt & Whitney Digital technology transformation, we are looking for a dynamic individual to work in the North Berwick Repair Operations organization.
The individual will lead technology and innovative solutions with a hands-on style in partnership with various functional teams and core functions such as product repair and production, repair development engineering (GSE), OEM design, quality, EH&S, materials, procurement, and Legal. The ideal candidate will have experience in corporate business and ACE processes, with technical roles related to Manufacturing, Engineering, NC Programming, Tooling, Quality, Operations, Production Technology and development of metrics and systems implementations leveraging internal and external resources. This role will consult as a solution architect to oversee and implement innovative solutions to increase repair velocity and reduce cost and risk to our employees.
Specific Deliverables Include:
- Serve as a key leadership of the Engineering Technology/OPX team.
- Partner with various corporate teams for a successful integration and implementation of connected factory and digital 4.0 technology standards.
- Perform as the Solution Architect and subject matter expert for Manufacturing, Quality, EH&S, Supply Chain, and Engineering technologies by implementing innovative solutions to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Capital equipment technical specification development.
- Manage execution of Capex eCAR time-lines.
- Establish supplier technology partnership.
- Interface with PW Legal to establish Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA).
- Provide Sole Source documentation.
- Provide Request For Agreement (RFA) documentation where necessary.
- Establish secure file transfer, Managed-File-Transfer (MFT),TD360.
- Interface with Procurement for Long Term Agreement (LTA).
- Work in advance of release of technical data for repair industrialization and production readiness. Â
- Interface with GSE/CIPT/PE to identify technology/process challenges/improvements.
- Integrate with Information Technology (IT), software, controls and material handling disciplines for collaborative solutions. Â Â
- Use of ACE tools to identify technology requirements â€" visual factory.
- Innovative solutions to mitigate EH&S high risk operations.
- Interface with Industrial Engineering to determine automation/technology vs. manual process time. Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Lead cost reduction activities.
- Bachelor's degree in technical field with 8 years of application development experience or Masterâ€s Degree with 2 yearsâ€ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts. Â
- Undergraduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering or working knowledge of engine component design and assembly operations.
- Masterâ€s Degree in technical discipline.
- Experience leading technical teams with budget oversight.
- Experience architecting solutions in a manufacturing environment.Â
- Experience with Manufacturing, Engineering, NC Programming, Tooling, Quality, and Operations, Production Technology, development of metrics and systems implementations leveraging internal and external resources in a complex environments and/or other Corporate system implementations and comfortable making timely, difficult decisions to ensure project priorities meet critical business needs and timelines.
- Deep understanding and technical aptitude for system design and business strategy, and ability to translate strategy into viable technology solutions.
- Action oriented and results driven with an ability to drive new and innovative solutions in alignment to the organizations / functions strategy.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with key business partners is essential, including senior executives.
- Excellent written, visual, and oral communication skills are essential with proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
- Demonstrates leadership, collaboration, hands-on approach, and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced industry.
- Six Sigma, ACE or Lean certification is a plus.
- SAP and/or Solumina experience is a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01395236
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Manager, Mfg/Ops, 1st shift, P5
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US