Sr. Materials Manager
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 12510
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01393686 Date posted 03/16/2020 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for talented individuals to join our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you're looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? The Engine Center (EC) Assembly Materials Organization has a rare opportunity for a SrMaterialsManager position in Middletown, CT.
Key Job Responsibilities Include:
- Delivery Assurance / Customer Communication - Work with the business unit and customers to ensure that parts produced by the business unit are delivered to the correct customer in a timely manner.Â Also, communicate / negotiate delivery plans that satisfy customer needs and meet financial goals.
- Schedule Optimization â€" Provide input into MRP demand load and business schedule. Â The schedule should be optimized for several factors; maximized use of business unit capacity, minimized inventory, and on-time fulfillment of customer requirements.
- Capacity / Lead-Time Improvements - Identify opportunities for capacity and lead-time improvements on material flow.Â Drive the implementation of identified opportunities.
- Starts Management - Ensure schedules are met through the on-time starting of material.Â Identify common causes of late starts.Â Work with production and suppliers to correct issues as identified.
- Work on projects in support of assembly floor need, working closely with the on-campus Forward Stocking Location (FSL)and remote warehouses
- Utilize Lean principles to establish world-class Materials Flow/Synchronization within the value stream
- Support efforts to drive cost & lead time reductions.
This is a fast paced position in operations management and requires lots of interaction with other departments and with various levels of management.
Do you wish you could put what youâ€ve learned thus far to use in a work environment? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do, this is part of our success in the Aerospace Industry!
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Operations Management or Manufacturing or similar field
- 5 years of experience required
- US Citizenship is required due to government contract
- Possess Excellent Judgement and professional maturity
- Strong analytical skills
- Possess great strength in leadership ability, communication skills, self-motivation, and computer skills.
- Strong desire to succeed and pursue personal growth and developmental opportunities
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01393686
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Materials Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US